Schedule for the 2002 Spring meeting of the CGMA Advisory Board
May 24-26, 2002, at DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
Friday, 24 May
- 10:30am - Airport pick-up at Northwest Airlines baggage claim
- 5:30pm - Airport pick-up at Southwest Airlines baggage claim
- 7:00pm - Opening meal and introductions at Varsity Lanes, 1250 S. Jackson St.: Tel. 765-653-8714
Saturday, 25 May
- Walden Inn, 2 W. Seminary St.; Tel. 765-653-2761
- The Commercial House Bed and Breakfast, 15 West Walnut St.; Tel. 765-653-6579
- Morning session (9:00am - 12:00pm), Harrison Hall 210
- 09:00-09:15 A. Overview of CGMA: the grant and the project
- 09:15-10:30 B. Workshop I: What metadata should CGMA include? (break-down into groups of 4-5)
- 10:30-10:45 <short break> -- coffee menu
- 10:45-12:00 C. Report and Discussion: What platform/software would best implement CGMA?
- Lunch (12:00pm-1:00pm) Gathering Grounds (southwest corner of the Courthouse Square)
- Afternoon session (1:00 pm - 5:00 pm), Harrison Hall 210
- 1:00-2:45 D. Workshop II: Designing the undergraduate seminar (break-down into groups of 2)
- The history of archaeological survey in the Mediterranean
- Theory and methodology in archaeological survey
- Technology and archaeological survey (GPS & GIS)
- The seminar research project and reports
- Assignments and assessment
- 2:45-3:15 E. Workshop III: Designing the work-study-grants and Summer research internships (break-down into groups of 4-5)
- 3:15-3:30 <short break>
- 3:30-4:00 F. Dividing the Mediterranean: how to do it, and with which countries or regions would board members be willing to assist?
- 4:00-4:45 G. Project Promotion and intellectual property rights issues
- What should the CGMA web-site look like?
- How do we promote the project?
- How do we get researchers to donate their metadata?
- Mellon and intellectual property rights issues
- 4:45-5:00 H. Unaddressed issues and new ideas (generate a list for the evening wrap-up and future Web-board discussions and meetings)
- Dinner (7:00pm-9:00pm) Sugar Moon, 18 S. Jackson St.; Tel. 765-653-1441
- Evening wrap-up (9:00pm-11:00pm) Foss-Schindler residence, 615 Anderson St., Greencastle, IN; Tel. 765-653-0844
Sunday, 26 May
- 06:30am - Breakfast at Walden Inn or The Commercial House Bed & Breakfast
- 07:30am - Airport departure from Greencastle
- 11:00am - Airport departure from Greencastle