Schedule for the 2003 Fall meeting of the CGMA Advisory Board
October 10-12, 2003, at DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
Friday, 10 October
- 6:00pm-10:00pm: Welcome Dinner and Social, Schindler-Foss Residence
Saturday, 11 October
- 9:00am-9:45am: Breakfast, Memorial Student Union Building 'Ivy Room'
- 9:15am-09:45am (during breakfast): Overall Progress Report (Rebecca Schindler and Pedar Foss)
- 9:45am-10:15am: Campus/Facilities Tour
- 10:30am-12:00pm: Morning Session, Julian 109
- Progress report and demo of prototype web-site and metadatabase (Beth Wilkerson)
- Discussion: outstanding issues with the project and the metadatabase, especially
in the following categories:
- chronology (add intervals or periods greater than calendar years...?)
- map qualities (lat./long.; datum? projection?)
- geographical extent of area of interest (extend slightly eastward of the
- methodology (Alcock vs. Wandsnider vs. other...)
- topography (what basis for categorization?)
- geology (what basis for categorization?)
- other fields that we should add to the metadatabase
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch, Julian 300
- 1:00pm-2:45pm: Afternoon Session Ia, Julian 109 (Tim Cope)
CGMA students get an introduction to the basics of ArcView GIS (functions,
commands, project building, examples, etc.).
- 1:00pm-2:45pm: Afternoon Session Ib, Julian 104
CGMA board members have a business meeting in the CGMA lab. Items on the
- Campus location for the Fall 2004 undergraduate seminar
- Fall meetings...rotate campuses or always hold at DePauw?
- Board review of the CGMA project, due to the Mellon Foundation in April 2004
- Financial Report
- Methods for publicizing CGMA when the system is ready to go public
- Possible cooperation with the NCDDC (part of NOAA)
- Options for continuation of the grant/project
- Other business?
- 2:45pm-3:15pm: Break
- 3:15pm-5:00pm: Afternoon Session II, Julian 109
- Continue discussions on metadata, project mission and progress.
- 5:00pm-6:00pm: Break
- 6:00pm-9:00pm: Dinner and Bowling, Varsity Lanes, Greencastle
Sunday, 12 October
- 7:00am-9:30am: Breakfast, Jackson's Double Decker, Greencastle
- 9:30am-11:00am: Loose End Wrap-up (if necessary), Julian 109